My bottle of Crest Liquid Gel toothpaste ran out.
What this really means: I am now using a twist top tube.

How this happened: unfortunately, we had a spare tube of toothpaste in the cabinet, so instead of being free to go to CVS and buy another bottle of my awesome Crest Whitening Expressions Extreme Herbal Mint Liquid Gel (I'm not a Crest spokesperson, I swear) I was forced to become the user of a twist top tube of toothpaste.
The dilemma here is more about the annoyance. With my bottle of Liquid Gel, I could open my bottle of toothpaste with one hand, just a simple push with the thumb, squeeze my toothpaste out, and be on my way to minty freshness. But now I need to readjust my whole routine. I can't hold my toothbrush while opening my damn tube. Why do they make twist caps anymore? Who actively *wants* a tube -- to have to pick up the tube in one hand, grab the tiny top in the other, twist off, squirt out, and put the cap back on? They even make tube toothpaste with flip tops, though those are the middle tier of toothpaste tubes. Clearly the key here is that tubes are inferior to bottles. First and most awesome are the nifty bottles like the Liquid Gels or those awesome ones I used to use where you just push down and the toothpaste squirts out (the ultimate morning/night efficiency), then comes the tubes with flip tops, and then rock bottom are tubes with twist off tops.
All right, enough on toothpaste, this is a silly topic.

4 comments:
This dilemma is outrageous. I actively want a screw-top toothpaste tube.
You can easily complete the entire process without putting the brush down. Just hold the brush in your left hand, and use your fingers to unscrew the top. Then squeeze the tube onto the brush, and put the cap back on. Done.
Somehow I manage this acrobatic feat twice a day.
You've clearly never experienced the Liquid Gel bottle.
And I said, it's not a dilemma, it's an annoyance.
Flame returned.
I'm still confused as to why you couldn't just buy new toothpaste. Just because it is there doesn't mean you have to use it...
Gail, it's clear to me that you need to buy a super-top-tier toothbrush that has toothpaste lining the inside. Every time you brush, the appropriate amount of oral cleanser is released and you come away feeling refreshed and unannoyed. A quick google search of this item showed (to my surprise) that it actually exists: http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/Toothbrush%20with%20refilling%20of%20toothpaste_487.jpg
Now I hope you can focus some of your time on resolving my latest dilemma. Last Wednesday, I brought my lunch to work as usual and left it in the shared refrigerator in the office kitchen. Strangely, I wasn't hungry enough to finish my yogurt that day, so I left in the fridge for later. I returned to work on Thursday and went about my job as usual. After a few hours, I decided that I wanted some yogurt, so opened up the fridge to reclaim my fruity bounty. That's when I realized that there were five different cups of yogurt inside, but I couldn't remember which was mine! All I know is that my brand was Yoplait (there are three of those), and that typically my favorite flavor is peach. There was a peach in the fridge, but there was also a strawberry kiwi and blueberry, which I also enjoy. I don't want to ruin someone else's day and take his/her yogurt, but I still want mine back.
So here's my dilemma: how do I reclaim my own yogurt without knowing what type I originally brought in? I thought about leaving Post-it notes on each container, asking the owner to leave a message if the yogurt in question wasn't mine. Please let me know if you have a better solution.
Thanks,
Adam
PS How did the hair cut go on September 10th?
Post a Comment